Parade / New Parade
200 Meadowpark Street, Dennistoun
The Parade opened in February
1921, and sat 1426. It closed in 1961, and was used for bingo for
several years. In 1969 it reopened as cinema, called the New Parade,
and ran as such until closure in 1986. The cinema was derelict until
1993 when it was altered to become a pub.
Most of the auditorium has been
demolished, though the facade and foyer areas remain. As of 2007, the
pub has closed, and the future of the building is uncertain.
Photo of it in 1975 here,
of Norrie Mcnamee, and one here in 1980 courtesy Chris Doak.
Images below from 1984,
including then manager Jack Brown, courtesy of the Scottish Screen
Archive at the National Library of Scotland.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.