Back Main Page
Cathcart Picture House / Rialto / George
15, Old Castle Street
|Opened 1913 by Cathcart
Cinemas Ltd. Arch. CJ McNair. s. 800. Reconstructed, renamed Rialto,
5.11.28. Arch. McNair. s. 1,311. Sold to ABC, 3.30. Sold to Ass. GP
Cinemas, 1946. Renamed George, 23.12.48. Cl. 1961. Bowling alley.
Jehovahs Witness hall from 1969. Demolished 2.94.
Photo above c1980 courtesy Chris Doak; photo c1992 below courtesy Norrie McNamee
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.