Back Main Page
Springburn Electric Theatre / Ideal / Royal
339, Springburn Road, Glasgow
Image courtesy of Chris Doak
by Caledonian Cinematograph Co Ltd in an old back court meeting hall;
the architect was. Neil C. Duff who provided seating for. 500. Renamed
Ideal in Augst 1916. Renamed Royal February 1925. Later
used as a Billiard hall, then bingo. Demolished in 1979.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.