State / County
293 Castlemilk Road, King's Park
Opened in 1937 to seat 1,600.
Renamed the County in 1971, it changed over to bingo from 1972.
In 2001, approval was given for demolition in order to build
flats. The exterior shown above is much altered from its original state.
For an archive shot of the exterior in better days, see here
courtesy of John Cooper).
Another exterior picture here.
Photo below courtesy Chris Doak, c1980
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2022 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.