St Enoch Picture Theatre, Argyle St.
St Enoch Picture Theatre
Argyle Street, City Centre
|Originally opened in 1881 as
Crouch's Theatre of Varieties.
First showed films in 1897, but was rebuilt as the St. Enoch
Picture Theatre in 1913, and seated around 600.
Closed as a cinema in 1935. Facade retained as part of Dolcis
and Evans shops.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.