Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Waverley
Back   Index

Waverley / ABC
19 Moss-side Road, Shawlands



The Category A-listed Waverley opened in December 1922, seating 1,320. Renamed the ABC in 1964, it remained as a cinema until 1973.

Use as a bingo hall followed, and then a snooker club from 1982. It was derelict in 2002, and was then sold to the G1 Group, who have turned it into the bar/restuarant/club called Tusk.

Exterior as the ABC above courtesy of 'dusashenka'
Older facade pictures here or here, and an exterior in 1980 as a bingo hall here, courtesy Chris Doak.

Interior gallery below taken September 2005 by Graham Kelly
thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail
thumbnail thumbnail thumbnail
thumbnail thumbnail

Back   Index

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.