Scottish Cinemas and Theatres

Glasgow Cinemas

Back   Main Page

Wellington Palace
11, Commercial Rd

Image above courtesy of Chris Doak
 
Opened November 1908 by JJ Bennell in an old music hall. Sold to R Pennycook and remodelled, 1928; arcitect was AV Gardner, and seating was for 1,967. Closed and demolished in 1957.

Advertising postcard.

Back  Main Page

Unless otherwise specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001 - 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally granted, but please ask first
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or trademarks. Please contact the editors in case of any queries.