West End Electric Theatre / Vaudeville
535 Sauchiehall Street
circa June 1910,and closed by 1914. Also known as the Vaudeville, it
had an L-shaped auditorium with a screen in the middle.The audience in
the rear auditorium had to watch the film whilst looking in a mirror.
Exists as the Charing Cross Post Office. The marvellous domed ceiling
stylistically pre-dates the cinema, but
explains why the premises were chosen in the first place.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.