Union Street, Lochgilphead
Built in 1938 as the Empire cinema at the Glasgow Empire Exhibition.
Moved to Lochgilphead after the end of the exhibition; and opened on the new site in July 1939.
It continued in use
as a cinema until c1990
before use as snooker hall, than being
converted to a guest house.
specified, all photographs and other material copyright (c) 2001
- 2020 Gordon Barr and Gary Painter.
All rights reserved. Permission for use elsewhere normally
granted, but please
No attempt is made to infringe any existing copyrights or
trademarks. Please contact the editors
in case of any queries.